Sushi lover ends up with his entire body riddled with WORMS

Sushi has become a staple delicacy for those seeking a high end meal, which many find absolutely delicious and addicting. For one man, this expensive entree turned out to be close to deadly. After consuming sashimi, tapeworms began consuming the insides of his body.

It started with a stomach ache and itchy skin. He went to the doctor, got scanned, and was shocked at what was found. His whole body was infested with tapeworms. This was all a result of eating too much raw slices of fish known as sashimi.

His love for sashimi nearly caused his own demise as tapeworms took over his body.

He had a stomach ache and his skin itched. He went to the doctor and got scanned, only to discover his whole body was madly infested with tapeworm parasites from eating too many raw slices of fish.

http://ift.tt/1X4AZBJ

It is believed that some of the uncooked sushi was contaminated. This is what doctors at the Guangzhou No. 8 People’s Hospital in Guangdong Province, in eastern China determined after treating the man.

Its been long known that consuming raw or even under cooked fish is a recipe for potential parasitic infection. If you ingest the larvae of diphyllobothrium, found in freshwater fish like salmon, tapeworm infections can occur. Even eating marinated and smoked fish can put you at risk for worm transmission.

Its always been strange how the sushi trend has taken off as it has, knowing the risks of raw fish consumption. Most of the time there hasn’t been a problem except in poorer areas where sanitation was not the best. But those conditions have improved, while ironically it seems that now more developed countries are beginning to experience the ill effects of raw fish consumption.

Whats causing this latest trend? Likely the trend of sushi itself. It has become so popular that increased varieties are being offered and the risk factor for contamination is rising. Nancy Craig is an author of a study written in the journal, Canadian Family Physician, regarding this trend. She explains further:

The widespread popularity of Japanese sushi and sashimi (slices of raw fish) is a contributor. But other popular dishes might also be implicated, such as raw salted or marinated fillets – which originate from Baltic and Scandinavian countries – carpaccio – very thin slices of raw fish common in Italy, raw salmon and ceviche – lightly marinated fish.

The results of eating uncooked food with tapeworm eggs in it can lead to cysticercosis. This is where the adult worms work their way right into the persons blood stream! It can then reach the brain and your life could be over.

Eating raw and undercooked fish can lead to parasitic infections according to research studies.

Tapeworm egg infested food that is uncooked can lead to cysticercosis when consumed. This can be fatal as the adult worms get into the bloodstream.

Original Post: http://ift.tt/1qgtFWx

The post Sushi lover ends up with his entire body riddled with WORMS appeared first on Bored, Not Bored….

http://ift.tt/1qgtFWy
from Tumblr http://ift.tt/221rcwX

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s